LimTeh on 11.11.2017

#limtehwed has ended and #limteh just started.

You'd think that signing the marriage certificate means the deal is sealed, however, it wasn't the case for me. I felt I was stuck in between before 11.11. e.g should I call him my husband or my boyfriend? or should I call my MIL auntie or mum? I was torn between the relationships. Now that everything is completed, both the legal and traditional side I feel complete and I find myself at peace. It was just a wedding, but it means a lot to me and my husband (I can call him that in full confidence). I feel like I've matured from a girl to a fully grown woman over the weekend. I'm no longer the girl who runs to my parents for anything and everything, I'm now a woman who has the full responsibilities like my mother. 

The wedding was perfect, I enjoyed the whole process as the bride. However, the week leading to the wedding was more difficult than I thought it would be, the pressure to ensure everything is being taken care for, the programs will run smoothly, food will be nice, guests will enjoy the music and slideshows that we prepared and 100 million things that need to be confirmed. I thank God even in the midst of all the busyness I still manage to sleep at night. I had no trouble sleeping despite the stress and things that need to be done. 

I am thankful for my parents who worked relentlessly for the wedding, they are very supportive of what we wanted for our big day and go with our flow. They helped out as much as they can and when needed. I still remember my mum told me they went to bed at 2 am on 10.11 after the party in our home, I went to bed before 12 am that night. However on 11.11, they woke up earlier than me to clean the house and prepare food for dad's staffs who came from Hat Yai and then the groom's arrival. Time passes by so quickly that morning, I had my hair done starting at around 7:40 am and finished after 2 hours when the groom called that they're ready to come over. I did nothing but sat down and let the hair stylist and my personal make up artist to complete their tasks. 

I am thankful for my best friend aka personal make up artist, Wendy Wu who came back for my wedding and helped up with with all my make up requests. I've no problem trusting her skills and she knows me so well that I love all the looks that she created for me. She is such a blessing to me. 

I am thankful for my siblings, my sister who helped me whenever I needed one and she is trustworthy of tasks that I've requested her to do. My dear brother who helped me with the photos and videos.  

I am thankful for our friends who are so ready and willing to help. They came from different cities and yet help us without any complaints. 

We are SO grateful for these people who walk alongside us and offers help without us asking. Everything happened so quickly and I wish we could have more time. I'm trying to remember as much of the details of the event as possible because it was VERY precious to me and I'm so happy how everything turns out. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breakup dream

Favourite: Korean Instant noodle

My first spiritual encounter, in hospital.